Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

ABC book

My friend's little boy's birthday is coming up and I have been working on this book for awhile. I wanted to share I love how it turned out. Erik is all boy so I wanted to make it sturdy enough for him.
I used the Noah's ABC cart
                 Cardstock
                 Thin Chipboard
                  Dictionary Paper (I bought mine at the Dollar Tree, I needed two because I used the letter from the dictionary on it's appropriate page.
                  My Cricut Expression
                  My Your Story
I cut the background Cardstock and the Thin Cardboard at 6X6 this took 6 sheets of 12X12 Cardstock and 3 of the thin Chip board (you wouldn't have to use it but I wanted it sturdy.)
I cut the letters both Upper and Lower case at 2 1/4". I then cut and pieced the animals per the handbook for the cart.(If you want the sizes I used, email me at dj0818@aol.com and I will send them to you.
After everything was glued together I ran it through the YourStory and lamenated it. Put a hole in the upper corner and hooked it together with a 3" binder ring. You could bind it if you wanted it to be more of a book but my thought was they can take it apart and he can play with it or they can use it as flash cards.
Any questions please ask.
Sorry this is so picture heavy but I really wanted you to see how it turned out.












1 comment:

Debby said...

What a labor of love. Tou did amagnificant job. I admire you as I would have ended about h or j.
Great job!!!